The company is located in Nakasongola District between Nakasongola military barracks and Lake Kyoga.
The need for a national ordinance and strategic military capacity was conceived in 1986 and realized in 1994 after H.E. The President commissioned Luwero Industries Ltd.
Our operations include:
NEC Construction Works and Engineering ltd. was incorporated on October 18, 1991 to handle construction and engineering works for the Armed forces, Government Departments and private sectors. with 98% share to NEC and the remaining 2% equally shared by permanet secretaries of ministries of Defence and Finance . The company is fully owned by government but economically managed by professionally qualified Engineers. It was established so as to utilise the extensive manpower resources available in the UPDF to produce goods and services that contribute to national growth and development.
- Project of ammunition
- Repair of riffles
- Repair of armored vehicles
- Manufacture of spare parts for various military equipment.
- Metal fabrications
- Electronics workshop -Radio communication workshop.
- Primary agricultural processing equipment such as maize mills and coffee hullers.
- Carpentry workshop- production of office and domestic furniture.