Mr MUKOMBOZI DANIEL
Ag. Managing Director
"Meeting the Challenges of a Growing Economy"
On behalf of management and on my own behalf; i take this opportunity to thank all the people in various positions who have collaborated with NEC to complement the building of a modern and productive Defence Force. The history of parastatals in Uganda is one of significant draining of government financial resources due to dismal performance. Nevertheless NEC has proved to be the exception.
Nearly seventeen years after its establishment as the commercial arm of the Defence Forces, NEC continues to grow into a self sustaining and profit making parastatal. It’s dedicated to deploying and providing gainful employment to men and women in the Defence Forces. In addition, the Corporation produces goods and services for the Defence Forces and its profits are used to improve the welfare of soldiers.
To notwithstanding Uganda’s acute needs for financial resources and the heavy indebtness experienced in the 1990’s government put confidence in NEC by legalizing it as a state owned enterprise. This was against the background of government adopting privatization as the key to economic recovery programme.
National Enterprise Corporation was established in 1989 by the Act of Parliament soon after the NRA/NRM liberation war as the commercial arm of the Army, with a view of redeploying and providing gainful employment to soldiers who were involved in the war and produce goods and services for the Defence Force's, with the profits being used to improve the welfare of forces.
To act as vibrant commercial arm of the Defence Forces that generates goods and services to provide for the welfare of the Defence Forces and Veterans.
Produce and provide for the benefit of the Defence Forces and Veterans.
To create a productive security force fornation
- To Promote and attract transfer of technology from other countries by outright purchase of technology and through joint ventures.
- To Provide goods and services to the forces and the public.
- To support the welfare function of the Defence Forces.
- To equip soldiers with skills that could be gainfully used upon retirement
- To create direct and indirect employment in the country.
Plot 58, 6th Street, Industriail Area
P.O.Box 3145 Kampala -Uganda.
web Portal: www.nec.ug
|What We Offer....
NEC CONSTRUCTION WORKS & ENGINEERING LTD .
- - Building and civil works, construction and consultancy and undertaking full construction.
- - Rennovation and maintenance of estates.
- - Participation in construction of barracks. .
- - Fummigation services and pest control for the barracks and public. Read More
LUWERO INDUSTRIES LTD
- - Mechanical and electrical workshops.
- - Carpentry and metal fabrication workshops
- - Primary agricultural processing equipment like coffee hullers, maize mills etc.
- - Maintenance of mechanized vehicles.
NEC FARM KATONGA LTD .
- - The Farm is supplying quality breeding bulls to Ugandan Farmers.
- -The Farm is stocked with the following breeds;
- - Borans,Boran/Brahman Crosses
- - Boran Charolois Croses
NEC TRACTOR PROJECT LTD
- -Assembly Line of Agricultural Tractors
- - Sales of Agricultural tractors , thier implements and spare parts.
- - After -sales services of agricultural tractors,implements and machinery both locally and regionally.
- -Training of Operators, repair & maintenance technicians.
NEC TRACTOR HIRE SCHEME LTD
NEC has come to be respected and proven itself as the leading provider of tractor hire services in the industry with a wide range of implements for Ploughing, Harrowing , machine Planting, Bush clearing Harvesting and Valley dam excavation.
NEC HEALTHWORLD PHARMACEUTICALS LTD .
We are currently concentrating on promoting two main products on the market. These products are the Self-Test kits (6) and Olyset Nets. Please feel free to explore our site.